Friday, January 22, 2010

Would people be interested in a ethical hunting group on yahoo?

I've been reading thru the question and awnser s an see a lot of people that are true to the sport and others that don't want to do anything but downgrade somebody who doesn't hunt when they just ask a question Does it get you riled to see this happen?Would people be interested in a ethical hunting group on yahoo?
yes





its a pain in the @$$ when people come in here and tell you what your doing is wrong when they have no idea what they are talking about


like something that happened yesterday with some PETA freak- they came in here asking all sorts of bull sh*t questions and i answered two, one saying that if they came to where i lived and started ';preaching'; like that that they'd get their butt whooped. they retaliated and asked a question asking if i have a 'man-package' which was out of line.. and they were very hypocrite too- men who hunted were girls and girls who hunted were men to them.. it was nice to see some people in here 'having my back' but we shouldn't have to defend ourselves like that.


its not like we go and harass all the vegans and vegetarians





i've also asked a few questions about deer hunting and i've had a few people answer and say that it's wrong and that its murder... its awful





i don't go pick a fight with the PETA freaks, but i will stand up for OUR right











the group-- great idea!! :)





about the group- more info for me please? (:


i don't know much about the yahoo groups, this may be a crazy question, but are the groups free? and other things like that?Would people be interested in a ethical hunting group on yahoo?
I almost always give the benefit of doubt that ALL HUNTERS are ethical and as humane as possible. I have seen some posts where I wonder about it. There are certain standards of behaviors that hunters have to maintain, above and beyond the typical citizen;respect for property and the animal hunted, knowledge of the laws and use of your weapons above just going out and blasting away, understanding of the opposition we as hunters encounter, and teaching other people what being a hunter means.


I do get tired of the PETA and the Anti-hunters in here, but their augments never hold water and they can never prevail in an open debate about the benefits of hunting and the economic impact hunters have.


We all grew up with the notion of ';I'll protect my country and the rights of it's people. I'll defend your right to free speech even if I don't agree.'; and that has to hold true in these forums too. I'm teaching my sons how to hunt and to do it properly, heck you can even see a video we did on my profile. I'm very proud of my son and how I was taught to treat hunting is being passed onto him.
I hate it when I am told that what I do is wrong and cruel. It pisses me off!! I could care less what those people think, if they don't like hunting then they don't have to hunt or be around it but let me live my life and do what I like to do. I am true to the sport and will never stop hunting no matter what those people say so just give up!


It is refreshing to have someone else bring up this problem because I know that I can't be the only one that is pissed off by it!
I love Nancy D having hunting accidents. She already managed to shoot herself in the head and destroyed her short term memory center. You can tell because she keeps posting the same message over and over again, thinking she is being clever.





As for an ethical hunting section, no, not many people would be that interested. Most of the hunters that post are of the ethical variety anyway. And the PETA people that post aren't really interested in our answers in the first place. They want to come in, poke fun at us, call us names, and then go scampering back to the coffee house to show their friends how they have struck a mighty blow against the animal killing monsters. So what would be the point? We already get enough of the ';How can you murder cute, fluffy little animals you b@$tards?'; kinds of questions as it is. And having a specific section with the word ';ethical'; in it would only do two things. First, it would draw in the PETA nuts like moths to a flame, so we couldn't have meaningful postings without having to wade through tons of anti-hunting posts. And second, it would imply that other hunting forums were UNethical, which would only give the anti crowd more ammunition. Besides, letting them define what is or is not ethical is like having the proverbial two wolves and a sheep vote on what will be for dinner. Whatever the outcome, the sheep isn't going to like it. Giving the anti-hunting crowd a chance to define what is ethical in hunting will lead to anything other than sneaking up and taking pictures while you eat your tofu and rutabega sandwich being considered cruel and inhumane. I don't buy that, so I won't let them make those decisions about my sport.
Well Gib, I am sorry to report it to you, but you just gave them exactly what they troll for. Nancy and Angel McSpayed are here only to harass ethical people by their unethical tactics, and to get on our nerves. Luckily for them, hunters are generally kind and caring people who do not resort to such bending of the truth to make their points, nor do they make threats like eco terrorists like PETA, and other groups of their ilk. Sadly if we ignore them they won't go away either, and there is no reasoning with the unreasonable. I commend you for wanting a forum that makes more sense,and is more comfortable in which to communicate, but trolls will find us there too, so we must just persevere J.
Sometimes, like for example predator hunting. Some people berate people for asking questions about this because they do not eat the coyote or whatever. This is a hunting section.....should they ask it in the vegan section? No.. this is their forum as well as rabbit or deer hunters.








What does get a bad response from me and others is a dumb masked question from a vegan who has no reason to be here other than too harass. See above post. (Angel mc)


These tools ask why some people go to vegetarian or vegan sites and harass them ....well DUH... They only serve to widen the gap and promote intolerance of each other.
Go here and join up, this is to all who are interesting in hearing and discussing the truth about hunting. I am interested and am a member





Jim, we can't do anything unless we try. Let's go.


http://groups.yahoo.com/group/truesports鈥?/a>
* Yes * %26amp; Yes * It Truly is a Life Worth Living while Hunting and Shooting in the Great Outdoors.*
What makes you think another group is going to be any diff than this one?





Trolls will find you no matter where you go.
Yes.
I find hunting repugnant so I steer clear of this section, but your term ';ethical hunting'; peaked my interest. My first thought was ';non-sequitor'; but I can see how it could be possible if necessary to survive; but not in THIS (U.S.) society.

No comments:

Post a Comment