Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How do I start a fire in the fireplace so it is burning when I get home after being hunting for 8 hours?

I like the cabin to be warm when I get in. there is no electricity or anyone there while I am setting in the hunting blindHow do I start a fire in the fireplace so it is burning when I get home after being hunting for 8 hours?
As long as you don't mind coming back from hunting to find your cabin burnt down from an unattended fire, you might start experimenting with a lit candle next to some paper and some good kindling The taller the candle, the longer you can stay out hunting.How do I start a fire in the fireplace so it is burning when I get home after being hunting for 8 hours?
I don't believe that there is *any way*, if you're talking about a fire in an open fireplace, that you can possibly hope to set and leave a wood-burning fire to remain *CONSTANTLY BURNING* for an eight-hour period of time!





If you could obtain a very large wood-burning enclosed heater, having a smokey fumes exhaust pipe to the outside, and having adjustable dampers both on the air intake to the firebox and on the exhaust pipe to the outside; you *MIGHT*, by spending the better part of *this* hunting season, be able to work out a balance of the amount of firewood needed to provide fuel for a fire for an eight-hour period of time -- ALONG WITH the *exact* right settings for the controlled air input for combustion and the controlled exhaust of combustion products over that period of time. Hoo, Boy!!





Good Luck! (have fun)
Big problem without relatively airtight doors. Assuming your firebox is large enough, get a good fire going. Heat is the key. Then load the box as full as possible and shut the damper as much as possible. With a hot fire and little oxygen the place should warm up and the fuel should last for a good 6 hours.





BUT without airtight doors you could very well get dangerous CO (carbon monoxide) levels building up.
that's almost impossible. Because fireplaces are open, they use more oxygen which burns wood faster. Unless you put about 20 pieces of wood on, i doubt it. Wood burning stoves might do that though since they have a door, and generally they are hotter
you can brobibly git a type of fire wood at like walmart or sum place like that.it is like a realy long lasting fire wood.jest a sugjestion.
If you want a fire to last for 8 hours, you have to put on some big logs. Small ones want last that long.
Get a partner and call her 30 mins before getting back and see if she can sort out something proper to eat being the small rabbit you caught wont feed both of you lol
When I use my wood burning stove I get a good fire going before I go to work. Make sure there are lots of coals to keep it hot. I will add 2 or 3 logs right before I leave.
put alot of fire wood in there but if i were u i would come home then turn the fire on becuz ur house can burn down possibly
That will simply never happen and you should never leave a fire un attended.
Isn't it a bit dangerous to leave a fire unattended?
gasoline

No comments:

Post a Comment