Monday, January 18, 2010

What is the best 12 gauge slug for moose hunting?

I prefer a saboted slug.What is the best 12 gauge slug for moose hunting?
If you have to use a slug gun, I would recommend a Remington Premier Solid Coppers.


Hornady SST Shotgun Slugs. are looking pretty good also





If I were you, I would opt for a .338 win mag....What is the best 12 gauge slug for moose hunting?
i probably wouldn't use a slug for moose you should probably look at something a little bigger. also it depends if you have a rifled slug barrel or just smooth bore. if you have a smooth bore you need to get foster slugs, but if you have the slug barrel then sabot is the way to go
All of the major brand ammo companies make decent sabot slugs, You just need to figure out what works best with your shotgun. When I use my rifled barrel I shoot Federal http://www.federalpremium.com/products/c鈥?/a> either one would stop a moose at 100 yards
According to the winchester Product Service Manual use the 300 grain SXP123 tin core Supreme Elite tm XP3 Sabot for best accuracy, range, and ballistics.*
Remington copper solids
sabot slugs in my opinion

No comments:

Post a Comment