Saturday, January 16, 2010

What do you think the best brand for hunting clothing and shoes for camoflauge an scent?

there are no brand for scentlok and camo combined but the best scent is scent lok and it is available in real tree my favourite and the popular mossy oakWhat do you think the best brand for hunting clothing and shoes for camoflauge an scent?
I really think the brand and style has little to do with hunting success. What you are doing is simply trying to break up your pattern and blend in. You don't have to fool your next door neighbor with 20/20 vision. You have to fool an animal that can't see in color.





What you really have to beat is their snouts!! I have had great success with any and all products from a company called Wildlife Research. They are great at making you ';invisible';.





Here's my thinking. Have you ever heard a grunt tube that sounds as real as the real thing? I haven't. I can pick out the sounds of rattling antlers versus real sparring from a good distance away. Turkey calls, don't even get me started.





I have had much more success in my hunting by simply trying to be completely invisible in the woods where it comes the their sense of smell. I buy my gear from Walmart and Kmart or the local pro shop. We don't have severe weather here so I have no reason to drop hundreds of dollars on thermal clothes that are going to get torn and messed up in short order anyway. As soon as I get out of the truck I cover myself from head to toe in cover scent (not fake attractants that make the deer come in with their noses up which leads to you getting busted sooner). I pick my tree and climb up and I stay put all day long.





I have had great success with Wildlife Research cover scents. The deer, hog, bear don't know I'm there. I have been busted before, but it was always when I chose NOT to harvest the animal and the animal simply came in way too close or because I moved or made a sound unnatural to their environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment