Friday, May 14, 2010

Can anyone point me to a breif hunting introduction?

I've never gone hunting before, but I love to eat meat and cook unusual food.





what sort of hunting requires the least amount of finical investment and maximum amount of meat. what weapons cost what and can take down what?





duck hunting is also of interest as I eat a lot of duck and it isn't cheap.





I'm Canadian so tips on hunting zebra would not be very helpful.Can anyone point me to a breif hunting introduction?
Duck is likely to remain expensive. Bag limits are small,


the season short, the equipment expensive.


Deer Elk, and Moose are Canadian natives, Caribou in the far Northwest,


and you get a lot of meat per shot.


A suitable rifle is not all that expensive.


As an introduction though, developing the skill required to make an


ethical clean kill will not be cheaply or easily aquired.


You're talking about a major commitment in money, time %26amp; effort.


Are you up for it?Can anyone point me to a breif hunting introduction?
Being in Canada gives you access to a lot of hunting opportunities,from pheasant and quail,duck,geese to deer,bear and moose,etc. Canadian laws require a few more hoops to jump through than most places in the US,but aren't difficult. Talk to a local sporting goods shop or gun shop and they can get you started.There are web sites too.


Shot guns are for game birds and some hunting,like rabbits, and rifles are for larger game. There is a lot of useful information in the Chuck Hawk links and the Montana Hunter Education information is a good primer for hunting information.
grab a gun, aim it (I said aim not point!!!) at your desired target, shoot the desired target in its vital organs(heart, lungs, brain, etc.) and then do your little victory dance and tag your animal, and then gut it. (need me to tell you how to gut something to??? Hopefully not.)
basicly you wonder around in the woods till you find an animal....kill it any way you can and take it home and eat it.......


being of sound mind an broke legs I here by bequeeth this here bar rifle to whatever finds it. Lord hopes it be a white man..it's a good rifle an kilt the bar that kilt me......any way I am dead....


signed, Hatchet Jack
OMG! Who hunts Zebra??
12 ga. shotgun for ducks %26amp; a .22 cal for rabbits.

No comments:

Post a Comment