Friday, May 14, 2010

What 12 Gauge Pump is better for hunting water fowl, a 835 mossberg or a remington 870?

I know this might be a kind of ford vs gmc question but is one brand more reliable than another or just all around better gun?





What 12 Gauge Pump is better for hunting water fowl, a 835 mossberg or a remington 870?
When I was growing up in the 70's, Mossberg used to market their brand through Western Auto, Sears, (under the Ted Williams brand), and others.





It was considered lesser brand, but a lot of those guns are still around today. Either one will suit you fine. The shooting public is pretty well informed today, and any of the firearms manufacturers have to turn out a quality product or they will not remain in business.What 12 Gauge Pump is better for hunting water fowl, a 835 mossberg or a remington 870?
You are right, it is a ford vs gmc question. I have both and I prefer the 870 because it is sturdy, while the Mossberg is loose. But, the new Mossbergs have double action bars now, so they are fairly solid.





Both are reliable and easy to fix if they do have the rare mechanical problem.





It boils down to which one you like better, for whatever reason.
According to the ';experts'; the Remington 870 is, ';probably the best shotgun ever built. When you pull the trigger, it goes bang.'; I agree. I've owned several shotguns, and of all of them, my 870 has out performed, out shot, and out worked all of them.
Mossbergs tend to be built better. I compared those two guns myself and the Remington seemed loosely put together. The 835 feels to be built a lot more sturdy. Other than that there are really no differences. So I would go with the 835. I ended up buying the Mossberg 500 though
Remington 870 no question. The Remington 870 pump will never brake down, and if it does is easily fixed in seconds. It is accurate, easy to shoot, light, and will last you your whole life and can be passed on. I shoot an 870 from 1965 and i works like new.
835 becuse i smoked an 870 in clays but both are reliable but through experiance the 870 has more access to parts in small rual towns than an 835 but the 835 is still a good gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment