Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Do you believe in Hunting as a sport or do you see it as a food source?

Is Hunting defendable as a source of sustanace and can trophy hunting truly be defended as a sport?Do you believe in Hunting as a sport or do you see it as a food source?
Both.


It is a sport, and it is an important part of animal population control.


It is also a food source, as the hunters should not be hunting anything they do not plan to put on the table. If they are hunting strictly for the sport, the hunter should give his game away to a family that will eat it, or to a mission or food bank.Do you believe in Hunting as a sport or do you see it as a food source?
I have a rifle and I would like to know how much it is worth, Savage 24c series p 20gage overunder 22 long rifle blued my email address is nickv9840@sbcglobal.net

Report Abuse



I do it for both. When my freezers full of meat for my fam i donate it to the hungry in NJ to a participating butcher that is involved with Hunters Helping the Hungry.

Report Abuse



Both.
It's fun killing things to eat. God said it's cool by Him, so you shouldn't question it.
I think killing animals for sport is wrong. Not being a vegetarian, killing them as a food source is OK, but as a sport its just wrong. How would people like it if something more powerful than us came and killed us off just so they could have some fun?
Do like me and my dad does:





Go for both. Shoot whatever walks your way, and if the rack is big enough, mount it!!
Both , I eat wild game , as far as trophy hunting its like this with me , I prefer to take larger older animals such as a large old deer rather than a small one, by the time a deer has reached 5 or 6 he has passed his genetics on to the herd and is starting to decline in health and stamina. I prefer to take and animal in that stage and they also have a good set of antlers at that age .





Its not about trophy hunting as much as herd management. I also take does to keep the balance of the herd ,





Its a sport and a challenge to hunt a wise old deer with senses much sharper than ours. And they are dang good eating as well
I think it is a little of both
it depends on how you see it.





if you want to just go out in the woods with a shot gun or a bow our some other type of hunting devise and hunt animals and just mount them on you wall then it would be a sport.





if you are out in the middle of no ware (like Alaska for example) and your miles away from any shop are food market and you have to do it to survive then it would be food source.
Well, i do them both. I love to get a nice size doe, but if a nice buck walks by, its gonna have my tag on it too. I see it more as a food source though really. I do like to get a nice buck, but i dont go out looking adn trying to get one. almost every animls i hunt, i eat, with the exception of coyotes. I eat my own rabbit, squirrel, and deer, and turkey. I dont think that trophy hutning is really right, but some people are past the stage of shooting game for food, so they want a nice rack o their wall.
I eat the animals i kill i do not hunt for sport but lots of my friends do and i see nothing wrong with it. It helps keep the population healthy and prevents starvation during the winter.
i think it is both. but that doesn't mean that just because you hunt for sport you should waste the usable parts of the animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment