Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Have you noticed people against hunting tend not to have the same feelings about fishing?

It's the same thing, except that fish are more alien, instead of cute and fluffy. (I'm quite partial to fishing, myself, and all for hunting if it's for food, not just sport.)Have you noticed people against hunting tend not to have the same feelings about fishing?
I have noyiced exactly that.I fish alot and im glad there aren't protesters.If you eat what you kill I see no problem with it.If people knew what happens to an overpopulated deer herd in the winter they might change their tuneHave you noticed people against hunting tend not to have the same feelings about fishing?
There's a difference between catch and release and shoot and release. You can catch fish with lures where they don't swallow the hook but when you hunt and KILL, you can't revive the animal. Get a clue!!!!!!!!
I like fish, I just don't fish much. I was born in the state of 10,000 lakes too. Fishing is a great sport, you need to know what you are doing. It is getting easier though with the locators. I used to hunt. I simply lost interest in killing animals, except as a food source. If it were not for hunting though we would have an abundance of deer. Right now it is rated by insurance companies as one of the main reasons for auto repairs. Which only drives your rates up. Also the fields would be totally invaded if not for hunting.
Hypocrites. I mean, just because fish and reptiles aren't fellow mammals...hey, we all have a spine! Eat bugs! :-D
I have noticed that too.
You bring up a good point here. Fishing does not get the same attention as hunting does from anti hunting or activists. I see several reasons for the inaction of these lobby groups.





1) As it has been noted fish are not cute and cuddly as say a whitetail deer or a bear.





2) Fish are not as visable as whitetail deer or bears so campaigning the end of fishing is little harder... THey can't have their photos taken ';saving'; the fish..





3) Its too much effort for these lobby groups to deal with fisheries when they can work on bigger ticket items such as deer or seals.





4) most people unfortunely are influnced by media too much and do not know how tothink and little is said about fishing so they think nothing of it.
Not many people are killed with fishing poles. That might be why.
What bothers me are those who chastise hunters but eat agriculturally raised meat.
yeah ive noticed that too... i do hunt, i hunt for meat in the freezer and the time i can spend with my friends and family at camp!
I have noticed that the anti-hunting group does not scream about the fishermen at all.


For those who ridicule fishing and do it on the water I have an answer for them. Especially when they decide to run their boats to close to where I am fishing.


I throw a lot of soft plastics with lazer sharpened hooks, people on boats make great moving targets. I even throw at boats that come to close to the piers and jetties where I fish, especially when I am throwing my 12 ft rod with a 4/0 hook with a 4 oz spider weight. I am yet to hit or hook anyone but the point (no pun intended) gets across quickly.
Their hypocrites.
Give them time, PETA is against fishing also just not as vocal yet. Hunters and fisherman need to support each other for the protection of both sports.
Whaddya mean fish are not cute n cuddly? I'm hurt.


or


Seriously, WHO CARES what anti-hunters think?


or


Uhhmm, aren't fish made of meat, just like other critters?


When critters gain the ability to independently make tools and use those tools to kill us, THEN I'll consider the question of whether or not I should hunt or fish. Although some of my co-workers may blur the lines, critters are not human, and vice versa


or


Where do you think the money comes from to protect/restore habitat and all those 'spensive conservation projects? HINT: It ain't from sales tax on PETA posters...
I do both, plus trapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment